Where to find the Duracell Powerpack?

• Hi there,

I think that a very good device in case of total balackout would be the Duracell Powerpack 600:
    http://www.duracellpower.com/b…-packs/powerpack-600.aspx

I have even read posts on the internet where people explained that they could easily re-charge the device by linking it to a bike!

But: this device does not seem to be availalble in Europe. Even trying to buy it from the US, they do no ship it outside US (not even to U.K.)...

Does anyone know where to find this device, or something equivalent?

thanks
    wanagain

• und ich wähnte mich immer in einem deutsch-sprechendem Forum ? Gruß Rugo

Vorbeugen ist besser als auf die Schuhe :brech: (brech.. , das stand mal was anderes :nauseated_face:)

• Also das Duracell Gerät scheint es hier im Deutschsprachigen Raum nicht zu geben, zumindest wird es nur auf Amerikanischen Shopseiten gezeigt, aber unter Powerstation oder Energiestation sind ähnliche Geräte von diversen anderen Herstellern zu finden.
    Etwa von Black und Decker oder Einhell oder.....
    Westfalia.de gibt es glaub auch als Westfalia.ch
    oder direkt mal ein CH:
    Fehlerhaften Link entfernt - Die Moderation

ich bin ich, was sollte ich auch sonst sein??

• Hallo "Rugo",

Du hast geschrieben:

und ich wähnte mich immer in einem deutsch-sprechendem Forum ? Gruß Rugo

warum bist Du denn so kleinlich ? Was machst Du denn, wenn Du mal in ein Land gehen musst das ausserhalb DACH liegt ?

wie unterhältst Du Dich denn da ?

Ich finde nicht Deutsch sprechende "Ausländer" könnten uns auch ungemein bereichern. Warum diese Chance vertun ?

Kopfschüttellnde Grüße,

Udo (DL 8 WP)

• Hi "wanagain",

when I have a closer look at the small Duracell power station you mentioned, I have a few objections, which you may be shold check:

1. The power outlet is probaly 110 - 115 V 60 Hz AC (?) USA power requirements - this power tension range will not enable you to use the normal standard equipment
    found in Switzerland or in France and western Europe, where you usually need to have something around 230 ... 240 V 50 Hz.

2. Looking at the size og this power station, I believe that it only contains a small battery - something around 20 Ah at 12 V (?) Theoretical capacity 240 Watts (but this
    is correct only, if you discharge the battery during 20 hours (which means drawing something like 12 Watts only, not more - this is the so called C 20 rate).
    This battery will not provide you a long time energy supply for serious (high power demanding) applications. The 600 watts maximum will not allow to use drillers or
    other motorized electrical tools which will need a quite high initial power demand (fuse will probably blow). I bet that it will come down after 5 to 10 minutes if you
    draw 600 Watts out of it.

3. You should also check beforehand, if you need a pure sine wave or if a modified sine wave would be enogh for your AC applications. Some TV sets, some phones and
    different sensitive applications demand a pure sine wave power. Pure sine wave inverters are much more expensive.

4. If you want this device also for supplying serious applications (universallly) - like keeping a fridge with deep frozen food "alive" or your house heating system with
    several water pumps for a few days on a power outage, I would suggest to look for inverters in the range of 1500 to 2000 Watts (or even more) and also a decent set
    of deep cycle batteries that can supply the inverter for the time required. Plan at least the double capacity (in Amp hours) on the batteries that you think you need,
    because if you discharge the batteries too deep, they will dye very fast.

The Duracell device (to me) is a nice "toy", but nothing serious for long time applications. The same is true for small jumper cable power stations without an inverter which you can find in a broad variety thoughout Europe in shopping mulls and car supply stores.

These are just my 2 cents on the topic.

Best regards,

Udo (DL 8 WP)